These terms and conditions (“the Terms”) govern the use of www.hollandparkpress.co.uk (the “website”) and ordering books or courses (“Products”) managed and produced by Holland Park Press Limited (“Holland Park Press”) or service providers of Holland Park Press.
Please read through this document carefully. When you use our website please be aware that your conduct indicates that you agree to be bound by the Terms.
The material – including text, sound and video – on the website is the copyright of the indicated author. If no author is mentioned then copyright is owned by Holland Park Press.
The authors of all material on the website have asserted their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 where appropriate.
Website visitors are specifically granted the following rights in respect to the material on the website:
- To read online or download and store digital copies for their private use only
- To print paper copies for their private use only
No other rights are granted.
Website visitors are specifically prohibited from:
- Selling copies of material in any form, digital or otherwise, or distributing material as part of any promotional package
- Charging anyone for access to material from the website
- Archiving digital copies for free downloading by others without the authors’ express written permission
- Distributing copies in any way altered from the original held at this authoritative source
No claims will be made against the owners of proxy servers or similar who are providing a service in good faith.
The names, images and logos identifying Holland Park Press are proprietary marks of Holland Park Press.
If you want to link to this website you may use the logo in conjunction with the link only if you have received prior permission, for enquiries please contact us.
No other use of our logos, or any third party logos accessed via this website, is permitted without prior approval from the relevant copyright owner.
If you want to cite any material from the website please contact us. Explain how and why you wish to use this material. Please include your name, organisation, telephone number and email address.
Comments posted on our forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Holland Park Press. Please take care and make sure that you do not post messages that are unlawful.
This includes material which is abusive, threatening, harassing, obscene, profane, or defamatory, as well as any material that is in breach of confidence, misuses private information, infringes copyright or is discriminatory whether as a result of being sexually orientated, homophobic, racially offensive or otherwise harmful.
Users of our forums are held legally responsible for their comments and accept full and unlimited liability for their postings.
Furthermore, by posting comments, the user hereby agrees to indemnify Holland Park Press and commercial suppliers of services against all claims (damages, costs, losses – consequential or otherwise, and compensation) resulting from these comments.
Holland Park Press moderates the posted comments and will promptly remove those that do not comply with our Comments Policy at our own discretion.
Holland Park Press makes no representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the information on this website, or its fitness for any purpose whatsoever.
It is always wise to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. In no event will Holland Park Press be liable for any direct, indirect, special incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of the material held on this website.
Links to third-party web sites
The website contains links to other websites which are not under the control of or maintained by Holland Park Press. Holland Park Press is not responsible for the content of those sites.
Holland Park Press provides these links for your convenience only and does not necessarily endorse the material on these sites.
Data protection and Privacy
Any personal information obtained and collected by us shall be stored by us with reasonable care in order to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and to ensure that it is kept private and confidential by us.
For more information read Holland Park Press’ Privacy Statement.
By placing an order for Products, you agree to the terms set out in these Sales Terms:
- In order to purchase Products from this website, you need to register your details with us. On registration, you must provide us with accurate and complete registration information and it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to that information (to your email address in particular) by updating your details in the My Account page.
- On first registration you will choose a password which together with your email address forms your ID. None of our employees or agents will ever ask you for this password. Do not disclose this password to anyone under any circumstances whatsoever.
- You are responsible for all use of your ID and for preventing unauthorised use of your ID. If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorised use of your ID or any payment information you must notify us immediately by contacting us at email@example.com
- Your registration does not in itself entitle you to purchase Products from us and we are not obliged to accept any or all orders that you place with us.
B. Formation of contract
All orders for Products are offers made by you to purchase such products and shall be considered as accepted only when you receive a confirmation email from us to the effect that your order has been processed and your Products have been dispatched. This will form a contract, which incorporates these terms and conditions, between you and us (the “Contract”).
- All prices for the Products are inclusive of taxes but exclusive of delivery charges.
- The price of a Product is the price displayed on the day of your order.
- All Products are subject to availability.
- Payment authorisation must be provided by you on the date that you place an order for any Products.
- Payment must be made by credit/debit card. We accept payment by MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Debit, Maestro (in the UK), Visa Electron, Solo, JCB, Commercial cards and American Express. Payment will be debited from your account before dispatch of the Products to you.
- Upon receiving your order we will carry out a standard pre-authorisation check on your payment card to ensure there are sufficient funds in order to complete the transaction. No payment is debited from your card during this pre-authorisation check.
- On some occasions, we are required by the card issuer to perform additional security checks on the payment card, which can delay the order until the card has been authorised.
- You confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours and that you therefore have full entitlement to use the card to purchase the ordered Products.
- All product prices and delivery charges are shown in UK pounds sterling. Your payment card company will perform any currency conversion, if necessary.
- We can deliver to any complete address.
- There may be a territorial restriction on our ability to deliver and we will inform you accordingly.
- The delivery charges are as follows:
In the UK: £2.50 for the first Product and an additional £0.50 per additional item in the same order
In Europe: £4.00 for the first Product and an additional £0.90 per additional item in the same order
In the US: £4.00 for the first Product and an additional £2.90 per additional item in the same order
In the rest of the world: £5.00 for the first Product and an additional £2.90 per additional item in the same order
- When ordering Products for delivery overseas you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the Products reach the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you.
- We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information.
- When ordering from us, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the Products. You are responsible for notifying your local customs office of your purchase. Please be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
- Average delivery times will be 10 to 15 days.
- All delivery times are estimates only and, while we will endeavour to avoid delay, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage arising from delay in delivery.
- If we are unable to perform the whole or part of the Contract due to any cause or event beyond our reasonable control we may, at our option, by notice in writing to you, cancel or suspend the Contract in whole or in part without liability and without prejudice to our rights to receive payment of the price for all Products previously delivered.
- If you receive the wrong Products or Products are damaged in transit, you must contact us within 28 calendar days of the delivery date and confirm to us what has happened. Please see also to the terms and conditions of our Cancellation and Returns policy.
From time to time Holland Park Press may make special offers available to you. These are available for limited periods only.
G. Contact Us
For full details of how to contact us please visit the Contact Us area on the About Us page.
H. Cancellation and return of Products (non-business customers only)
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
- You may cancel your order before delivery or within 14 calendar days after the date of delivery if the delivery address is in the United Kingdom or within 21 calendar days after the date of delivery if the delivery address is outside the United Kingdom. Please cancel by emailing us.
- We will credit your payment card with the cost of the unwanted Products and our delivery charges within 30 days of the date of your cancellation.
- Please return the unwanted Products with the original packaging within 21 days of cancellation. You are required to take reasonable care of the Products while in your possession.
- Returned Products will be delivered to us at your cost, unless the Products are defective or damaged or if we have delivered them to you in error. We will be entitled to deduct the cost of recovering the Products if you fail to return them following cancellation.
- If Products are defective or damaged, please contact us via email. We reserve the right to check if items are damaged or defective before agreeing to reimbursement and ask for proof of damage or defect. We will refund you the cost of damaged or defective Products, our delivery charges and your reasonable return charges.
- Refunds will be credited to your payment card and will not be paid in cash.
Last updated: 3rd August 2009
These terms may be varied from time to time so please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly. Your continued use of the website after these changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
The use of the website and these Terms are subject to the laws of England and Wales.